- Education and Certifications
- Publications and Presentations
- Community Involvement
“No receivables are left on the table on my watch,” declares Linda Martien, Granite GRC’s director of revenue cycle management. That’s a promise backed by 40 years of success in the ﬁelds of medical coding, billing, auditing, training, management, and consulting.
Martien’s broad expertise in reimbursement and revenue cycle management spans a wide variety of methodologies and practices in areas like general surgery, hospice, home healthcare, durable medical equipment (DME), behavioral health, critical access hospitals, and more. She also has an excellent track record for helping clients navigate complex healthcare systems like Medicare, Medicaid, the U.S. Veterans Administration (VA), the Indian Health Service (IHS), and commercial health insurance.
As a certiﬁed AAPC educator in CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding systems, Martien has trained and credentialed entire ﬁeld reimbursement teams as certiﬁed coders. She has also educated and advised physicians and nonphysician practitioners (NPPs), billers, executives, opinion leaders, and policymakers on coding and reimbursement issues. She is a nationally recognized author and instructor on topics such as anatomy and pathophysiology, revenue cycles, and professional development.
Martien brings in-depth knowledge and well-rounded perspectives to clients through her wide experience in both clinical and business settings. Her agility with claims, receivables, and hospital inpatient and outpatient coding comes from years of working in and managing growing solo and group practices. Martien also takes pride in offering clients superior written and verbal communication skills, a strong and self-directed work ethic, and a steadfast commitment to best practices in project management.
- Provided recommendations resulting in increased billable charges and revenue. One client realized additional revenues of $1.4 million.
- Enhanced Veterans Administration (VA) revenues by $600 to $3,500 per patient through chart audit activities.
- Instructed medical terminology, anatomy, and basic and advanced coding classes; 90.9% of participants passed the AAPC certiﬁcation examination on the ﬁrst try.
Healthcare Administration/Finance, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
Healthcare Administration, Lincoln University, Jefferson City, Mo.
Certiﬁed Professional Coder (CPC), AAPC
Certiﬁed Professional Coder, Hospital Outpatient (COC), AAPC
Certiﬁed Professional Coder, Instructor (CPC), AAPC
Certiﬁed Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA), AAPC
Certiﬁed Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC), AAPC
Chronic Wound Care Billing, Coding with Christine Hall webinar, June 2022
Jump Start Your Heart: The Pathophysiology of Your Heartbeat, AAPC HealthCon, 2022
Understanding the Scope of Wound Care Services Across All Healthcare Settings, AAPC AuditCon, 2021
CBDs (Coding, Billing, and Documentation) of Chronic Wound Care, AMBA, 2021
Streamline Your Revenue Cycle, Healthcare Business Monthly, May 2019
Coding and Reimbursement for Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment, semiannual presentation at University of Ohio–Columbus, 2005–2010
- Past member/ofﬁcer, AAPC National Advisory Board
- Past member and chair, AAPC Local Chapter (AAPCCA) Board of Directors
- Member, American Medical Billing Association (AMBA)
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Mentor, AAPC Mentorship Program
- Tutor, Laubach Program, English as a Second Language
- Tutor, Laubach Program, Adult Non-Readers