Kevin H. Mosser, MD is a seasoned health system executive with experience in all facets of quality and operations performance including physician practice management, organizational integrity, quality improvement, culture development, governance, and fiscal discipline. Most recently, Dr. Mosser served as the president and chief executive officer of WellSpan Health. WellSpan Health is an integrated health system of eight hospitals, more than 1,000 physicians, and over 200 ambulatory sites. Over a period of five years, Dr. Mosser seamlessly integrated four new organizations into WellSpan, redesigned governance and boards, and increased organizational growth from 1.2 billion dollars to 2.9 billion dollars.
Utilizing his experience, Dr. Mosser serves as a Senior Consultant for Granite GRC. In this role, he provides value to clients by applying his knowledge of the healthcare industry to support clients’ ability to address risk, adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements, improve practice management and enhance business operations.
Over his 30-year career in the healthcare field, Dr. Mosser served in various positions within WellSpan Health. These positions include as the executive director of York Health System Medical Group; the president of WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital; the executive vice president and chief operating officer overseeing WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital, the WellSpan Medical Group, WellSpan Specialty Services, and system-wide clinical programs; and president and CEO of WellSpan Health.
As the executive director of the York Health System Medical Group, which later became WellSpan Medical Group, the enterprise grew from about 60 doctors to 200 doctors, unified its billing operations and infrastructure, and initiated group wide compensation and quality programs. Dr. Mosser led WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital in improving service, quality, and efficiency. During his time with WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital, the hospital was named as a “Top 100 Performance Improvement Leader” by Thomson Healthcare for two consecutive years.
In his role as CEO of WellSpan, he focused on performance improvement and enhancing integration and care coordination for WellSpan while successfully integrating the facilities and physicians of Ephrata Community Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital in Lebanon, Philhaven, and Summit Health. In addition, he led board design, development and strategic planning. He was extensively involved in government relations and established the first legislative liaison position for WellSpan.
As an active member of the local healthcare community, Dr. Mosser has served extensively in nonprofit governance as the Chair of the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation Board, on the Community Advisory Board of Penn State Mont-Alto, and as a Board member of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of York and Adams counties. He recently completed service on the Hospital and Health Association of Pennsylvania board of directors and of Hospice and Community Care, where he served on the executive and quality improvement committees. He is currently the Immediate Past President of the New Birth of Freedom Council, Boy Scouts of America.
Dr. Mosser earned his bachelor’s degree in biochemistry with distinction from the University of Pennsylvania and a medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He completed his residency in family medicine at York Hospital.
- Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, M.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S.
- Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation Board, Chair
- Community Advisory Board of Penn State Mont-Alto, Chair
- Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania’s Small Hospital Council, Past Executive Committee Member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of York and Adams counties, Past Board Member
- Residency in Family Medicine at York Hospital, York, PA
- Private, independent practice, Dallastown, PA
- Associate Program Director in family medicine at York Hospital
- Executive Director of York Health System which became WellSpan Medical Group
- Growth under tenure from about 60 to 200 doctors
- President, Gettysburg Hospital
- Significant turnaround to profitability
- Consecutive awards as a Top 100 Fastest Improving Hospitals by Solucient rating quality and operations
- COO, WellSpan Health
- Responsible for three-hospital, 1-billion-dollar system operations including physician practice operations
- CEO, WellSpan Health, an integrated health care system of 8 hospitals, over a thousand physicians, and more than 200 ambulatory sites
- Over five years, four new organizations were seamlessly integrated into WellSpan. Organizational growth increased from 1.2 billion dollars to 2.9 billion dollars.